- The NSA's credibility is so bad at this point that you can't help them by defending them. You can only ruin your own credibility by trying.
- Sending a former DNI staffer to interview NSA staffers on national TV is an ironic choice.
- If Edward Snowden passed the hacker test by hacking the test, overriding the administrator's permissions, and setting his own score, it's pretty clear that he deserves to pass the hacker test.
- If he can do all of that as a high school drop out, he gets bonus points.
- If he's coding at home with a towel over his head, maybe you should think about asking your other coders to do the same thing. Evidently, Ed Snowden has better opsec than the rest of your guys.
- He's also got a clearer concept of the legality & constitutionality of this business than most of the senior management over there.
- Maybe you should put him in charge instead of trying to prosecute him.
Elsewhere: Boingboing has a nice little critique over here.